Benefits of Therapeutic Massage :
- Decreased muscle tension.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Improve circulation.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
Mental/ Emotional Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Fosters peace of mind
- Promotes a relaxed state of mental alertness
- Improves ability to monitor stress signals and respond appropriately
- Enhances capacity for calm thinking and creativity
- Satisfies needs for caring nurturing touch
- Fosters a feeling of well-being
- Reduces levels of anxiety
- Creates body awareness
- Increases awareness of mind-body connection
Swedish Massage- This is the most common type of massage therapy in the United States. It is also known as Swedish massage or simply massage therapy. Massage therapists use long smooth strokes, kneading, and circular movements on superficial layers of muscle using massage lotion or oil. Swedish massage therapy can be very gentle and relaxing
Deep Tissue- Indicated for chronic tight muscles that are painful, suffer from repetitive strain, poor posture, or recovering from an injury. Deep tissue massage targets the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue. The massage therapist uses slower strokes or friction techniques across the grain of the muscle.
Sport's Massage- specifically designed for people who are involved in physical activity or athletes. The focus isn't on relaxation but on preventing and treating injury and enhancing athletic performance. A combination of techniques are used. The strokes are generally faster than Swedish massage. Facilitated stretching is a common technique. It helps to loosen muscles and increase flexibility
Corporate Seated Chair Massage- Too busy to leave work for a massage? Let us come to you! We will bring a massage chair to your office and help you destress. Typical session is 5-15 minutes where you remain fully clothed. The office must have a minimum of 10 employees. This is considered part of Corporate Wellness and the perfect way to destress during the day!