To choose healthy living means to choose conscious living. Pay attention to what you eat and drink and how you feel afterwards. Try something different. The best way to eat is whole unprocessed organic foods. This means getting foods locally and preparing food yourself whenever possible.
Experiment with your diet: Choose your goal and spend 3 days to a week eating more healthfully, just to see how it feels.
Here are some things to try:
• Avoid sugar and make your own meals.
• Drink mainly water and herbal teas. If you “must” have coffee, have no more than one cup in the morning.
o For water need take half your weight in pounds and drink that much in ounces each day. For example, if you weigh 154 lbs you should drink at least 77 oz of water per day.
• Eat plenty of fresh vegetables, especially leafy greens and 1-2 pieces of fruit per day.
• Eat only whole grains and avoid processed grains like those found in white rice or flour.
• Eat 3 meals starting with a protein rich breakfast.
• If you must snack between meals, eat an apple and peanut butter or some other combination of protein and fruit or vegetables.
Warning: Sometimes when a person changes their diet drastically they get headaches or other symptoms from the change. You may prefer to pick one thing to change and do it for three weeks. For example: “I will not drink soda for three weeks and every time I think of having a soda, I will drink 8 oz of water instead.”